Tuesday, March 24, 2015

No. 1 or No. 2

I waffle.
I read your comments and decided to mat my J, yes our last name starts with a J. 
I didn't want to use the same fabric as I have on the bulletin board, they are too close together and it would be too 'matchy, matchy'.....I like to be different. So I thought of some pretty paper or maybe fabric. Hobby Lobby had their posters at 90% off. There was another one that caught my eye but this one came home with me.


yes, the J has to be crooked to fit in the frame the only way I can get it to fit.
 But then I thought some burlap would add interest. I didn't find any burlap at the thrift store but I found some counted cross stitch fabric in my stash. 

I am undecided!!!
Help! 
What should I do????
Here is my original post ....the J.

5 comments:

  1. I vote for the one with the poster....to my eyes it looks very rich and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love the one with beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like the first one. I do have some burlap here if you want to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embellishment on the J looks rather Native American to me so the poster (which is pretty) doesn't work for me. I like the burlap idea...so you could also paint the cross stitch fabric (I' d usr acrylic paint for that) and depending on how that looks, if its too plain for you, stamp on the fabric using StazOn. I'd paint the fabric the brown color of the embelishment. What do you have to lose but a bit of fabric if you don't like it? This coming from someone who loves to experiment.

    ReplyDelete