Thursday, March 19, 2015

I Wasn't Going To....

...stop at the thrift store today, but I did. After radiation I stopped at the drugstore to get my prescription (I do that far too many times) and I had a lightheaded spell before I left the store. My alarm did not go off. I planned to run into the grocery store and pick up some tea (I drink tons of tea) and then just go home. Before I knew it my car turned into the thrift store. 
I picked up a rug to put by the back door. It's a little bigger than the one I have now. It's in good condition, except 2 of the corners are coming loose...so is the corner in the rug I have now. That  one was purchased new. I put some silicone on the underside of the corners and I am thinking they'll hold until the rug gets too dirty. It was $1.00 so when it's dirty I won't worry about throwing it out. 


I also picked up 2, current magazines and a headband. I have an idea for the headband....a craft project. All of this for $1.89, not a bad deal, huh?

I'm having a quiet week......love it. 
I did see the dermatologist yesterday and she froze a precancerous spot on my hand. That also happens a lot to me.

The weekend is almost here..........not that it matters to me....every day is a weekend day for me.

6 comments:

  1. Thrift stores are good therapy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were good buys!!! Glad you are getting out and about a bit. Hope your hand isn't miserable. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good that you are getting out and about. I keep saying prayers that your radiation continues to help and not make you sick. I have had a me day with our temperature cool and rainy. A good day to stay home. Take care and have a good day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley@shirleystitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Thrift Store stops. You did good, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds! I know a girl who would wear that headband!...LOL
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes our cars know what we need! Good thing we have trained them so well! :-)

    ReplyDelete