Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thrifting and Eating

This has been a busy week; between doctor appointments, errands, shopping with friends, lunches with friends, and lunch with my grandsons, I have been gone a lot. Loved every minute of it though.
Monday I had an appointment, yes, we planned a date, to go thrifting with a friend who had a gift certificate to use up. She tried on these funky shoes, I couldn't convince her to buy them though. She did get a new rolling tote and I got an umbrella that will attach to my lawn chair....I need to stay out of the sun.


We stopped at another thrift store and met this 'pot head'?
No one brought him home either. 

Later we had lunch at Applebee's, it's not the best place to eat if you are on a low sodium diet. 
Yesterday I went to see one of my cardiologists and get an ECHO (see yesterday's post). Of course we had to have lunch. We ate at Zebbs, which is near the hospital...we were starving. My friend had the homemade chicken pot pie. Can you say huge? She couldn't even manage to eat 1/2 of it. The chicken chunks were not the teeny tiny ones you usually see. Everything there is homemade, and you can tell. She took a big piece of strawberry shortcake home for later in the day. 



I had a wrap, it was pretty big too. Since I am watching my sodium our waitress bent the rules a bit and gave me fruit and a side salad instead of the soup and fries. My lunch was delish too! My weight was up a little this morning so I may have overdone it with the salt. 

After lunch we stopped at the Fresh Market store so I could get my low sodium dill pickles.....I bought the last 5 jars they had. I'll be back in a month to get more!!! A few other low sodium snacks came home with me too. Carla is a member of Costco so we stopped there too and I found some low sodium, baked, Snapea Crisps. They are good! We watched the Ninja blender demos and I had all 3 of the samples she passed out. We also noticed a Meijer store is opening up in June. It's just down the road from Costco. I wonder how that will affect Costco. I've never been to Meijer but my 2 radiation nurses love that store. 

Today I had radiation, all is going well. I had lunch with 2 of my grandsons at school today, first they read and then we eat. This afternoon I am cleaning out some odds and ends that I had saved for the grandsons to be creative build things with...but we haven't used them...so off to recycling or garbage they go.

That's about it for my busy week. Next week will be a little quieter. Hope you're having a great week too!

5 comments:

  1. It nice that you are out and about and that the radiation treatments aren't so bad on you.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your radiation is going so well for you. I think God has His hand on you, Linda.
    Your food sounds good and I am happy you have an appetite with all you have been going through. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super good day. The shoes and pot head are hilarious. Lunch looked good, and glad the radiation went well. Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to hear that you're feeling well! I haven't been to The Fresh Market but after checking out their website it's on my list of places to go, it looks fabulous. Your meals look fabulous, too. I can't say I've ever seen a pot pie bigger than my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are doing well and enjoying life!!!

    ReplyDelete