Friday, March 13, 2015

Short and Humerous Post/My New Glasses

I picked up my new glasses today, they are really different from my old ones; dark frames and blue sides. I would never have chosen blue before, but with my white hair it goes. 
Don't look too closely....or you'll see my globby eyelashes, lousy make up job, big nose, and old skin.



Day 11 of radiation, 1/3 of the way through....happy dance. Tomorrow I can sleep in and get dressed when I feel like it.....another happy dance.

It's 40 degrees today (yes, it is warmer everywhere else in WI) and hubby took the day off to golf.....will they actually golf? I don't care, especially if he brings a fish lunch home for me.

I stopped at the thrift store day and picked up an American Heart Association  hardcover cookbook for $1.....cheap recipe source. 
I also found a brand new 8 X 8 scrapbook for one of my girls, it was $4, originally $19.99.


I contains stickers and die cuts.


Each page protector is filled with colored paper.


I am carrying my cell phone in my back pants pocket...not b/c I am expecting any phone calls....but I'm using it as a pedometer. Wish me luck! I had 4117 yesterday. I know that's nowhere near the 10,000 I should have, but at least now I have an idea of how many steps I get in a day.

7 comments:

  1. Love the new glasses! Great deals at the thrift too! I went thrift shopping today and found lots of goodies. Good luck with the walking...and have a lovely afternoon and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute glasses....blue is in... and it's a nice Spring and Summer color. You really found some good Thrift Store buys.

    Hope your day is a restful one. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your glasses look great, Linda. With the steps you are almost HALF WAY to 10,000. I'd say that is pretty darned good for what you have been through! Good buys at the thrift store, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful glasses! What a good idea to use your phone as a pedometer. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your glasses!!! I found a scrap book album for MY daughter a few weeks ago!!! I love a thrift bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new glasses are very "NOW". Mister and I are binge watching, "House of Cards" and the first lady in the program is sporting glasses much like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color of your new glasses goes great with your eyes! Blue if definitely one of the most popular colors for glasses these days. By the way, great finds at the thrift store! I am always looking for cheap books at thrift stores. Most of my cookbooks are from thrift stores!

    Beulah Jackson @ 96th Street Eye Care

    ReplyDelete