Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Scare And A Smile


I have been feeling quite good lately, doing well with the radiation too. Yesterday I was gone bumming with a friend for most of the day and later in the afternoon I was attempting to clean out an area in the basement so the telephone (Charter) guy can check the wiring. We have 4 telephones in the house and only one in the basement works....what??? Anyway.....after dinner I was just sitting in front of the computer and I started to feel light headed, warm, things started to get dark...then my defibrillator alarm went off. I pressed the response buttons and felt better. Kev, who was in the next room didn't even hear it. He asked why I hadn't said anything to him when I started feeling weird....b/c I wasn't sure if I could yell so he'd hear me and I didn't know if it would just go away or not. About one half hour later I called Zoll and asked what had happened, I knew it wasn't just movement related like all of my previous alarms had been. I found out that my heart rate was 190 beats per minute for about 15 seconds.....it may not seem like a long time...but.... The day before I was told I had a similar episode for about 8 seconds. 
If that doesn't  put 'the fear of God' in you....guess maybe it just scared me a bit and I was reminded again how fragile life is. I have an appointment with that cardiologist later this month to find out what we will do about my very irregular heartbeats.
Today I had an ECHO and saw my other cardiologist.
The good news is my EF is up from 19% to 34%. That certainly made me grin!!! Anything over 50% is good. He wants to do another in 2 months. He did increase my carvedilol (one of my heart medications), the one that lowers my blood pressure. I am not looking forward to that.
I'm having a great week bumming around with friends.....more to follow.

4 comments:

  1. That scares me. I am so glad you have Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how scared you must have been when you had that episode. I'm so thankful that you have your life vest to jog your heart back into action whenever it needs it. I am praying for the doctors to have wisdom to know best how to treat you. Don't let fear over come you. Remember that God is in control and he loves you so much more than you could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how scared you must have been when you had that episode. I'm so thankful that you have your life vest to jog your heart back into action whenever it needs it. I am praying for the doctors to have wisdom to know best how to treat you. Don't let fear over come you. Remember that God is in control and he loves you so much more than you could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is easy, is it? I guess you can tell I am catching up on your postings!!! Continued prayers from Texas!!

    ReplyDelete