Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Wonderful Sunshiney Day

Yes, it was an almost perfect sunshiney day today!!!
The only downfall for the day was the fact that I had to get up before 7 so I could make it to my radiation appointment at 8 (there was a scheduling conflict so I went in EARLY).
At 10:30 I had an appointment for a Holter  monitor to be put on, so I stopped back at home, made some ice tea and stopped at the thrift store before heading to that appointment. (see yesterday's post). 'Jon' is off and it is sooooo nice not to have the heavy battery pack hanging around my waist......and I can scratch my back (without hassle) whenever I want to. I certainly hope our break up is for good!
After that the ever popular grocery shopping had to be done....it's not as much as it used to be because deli food is out for me. I had a hankering for a BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato) so that is what  I made myself for lunch. My sandwich, some cherries, ice tea, and my book came outside in the sunshine with me!The sky was so blue, the sun so warm and the birds were singing in the trees. I did zip my sweatshirt up to my neck to keep the sun off my chest....but it was heaven. I know I need to start walking and today seemed warm enough, so I walked around the block....OK, I know that's not much to brag about, but I don't know how far I can walk and what if my heart acted up? It didn't and a block was just fine...with my slow pace. I was not ready to go inside so I sat in my glider and finished my book.


This was a good book and it kept me guessing.
Tonight it's laundry folding and tomorrow I have more errands to run. 
Can you believe that March will be over in a few hours and that I have only 10 radiation treatments left? When I first started I thought I'd never make it.....well, I know it's not over yet, but time is getting short!!! (insert smiley face)

2 comments:

  1. I think sunshine makes us all feel better. Kudos for you for getting your walk "on" today. Only 10 more to go - YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful sunshiney day! Also glad the end is in sight for all this cancer stuff!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete