Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just Plain Gloomy

That not only describes our weather but my daily activities. I've been pretty quiet here and can't think of anything to write about.....I should be enjoying quiet time all alone....I do, but feel there should be something interesting to post about...guess life doesn't always have to be interesting. Like I have said earlier: this is my life.


We have had a lot of rain, cold, and very little sun, it does get to a person. Last weekend was my long weekend :-) Friday I had breakfast with friends and got my hair cut short, it is so easy to take care of now. Saturday I was up early and went shopping for more potting soil and plants and spend the better part of the afternoon planting my tomatoes and flowers. I still need more flowers, as usual. Grandson J was not here Saturday night...making it a very quiet evening.


Sunday morning I was feeling pretty bummed, it is nearly impossible to contact J's dad, so I figured he was mad at me for expressing my opinion about giving J meds. I hate it when people are mad at me. I went to church alone and missed J. Hubby was golfing most of the day on Saturday and Sunday....I am used to that, doesn't really bother me. That afternoon I worked on a mini scrapbook for granddaughter A. I always make a photo book for the grands when they come for a visit. It was upsetting to me b/c neither of hubby's kids called or sent a card for Father's Day. Hubby always says he doesn't care about birthdays and such, but I know differently. Finally his daughter called to talk to me but she wished her dad 'Happy Fathers' Day' too. In the evening SS came over with the 2 grandsons and they had a card for grandpa...I know it meant a lot to him. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe in an old fashioned snail mail card or a phone call.

Thanks to all who expressed concerns regarding my last post.......as I keep talking to people 99% of them agree with my opinion. My grandson and his family will remain in my prayers.

I sure hope I have something intersting and upbeat to post soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. My husband got more Father's Day wishes from his step-children than he did from his own. Like you, I keep track. He doesn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it all as far as the cold and gloomy goes. Makes one feel the same.

    ReplyDelete