Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rainy Day Activities

I know you are tired of hearing about the weather....but it rained again today....as it has all week. The plan for today was to get a couple of hanging baskets from Menard's @ 2 for $7.00. They don't have to remain in the hanging baskets, you know........... I only had to drive about 11 miles, but it took me a couple of hours. I had to stop at the thrift store and a couple of garage sales. 'Lotsa' good 'stuff'. One of the items I got was this bracelet holder, a great idea, but about 12" too short.....I might have to find something a bit longer to use. It would be a great display for sales of skinnier bracelets. Some of my other treasures: Crayola color explosion spinner (for making cool backgrounds), McDonald's play set for play-do, off white eyelet shirt (for use as a cover up in air conditioned restaurants), the turquoise bracelet in the above photo, cute small box for my Red Hat secret sister gift, turquoise (colored) beaded necklace, 2 ceramic flower pots, new 'magic rocks' for one of the grand kids, and I am sure there is more that I can't remember. When it started to rain I hoped it wouldn't last....but no....I still had to get some flowers from Menard's. I got 4 baskets, there wasn't a big selection but I just wanted some color! After I got home and had most of my treasures unpacked I realized that I had forgotten to go to the grocery store to get milk.....the other thing on my list of things to do.....nearly $100 later I walked out.

Guess what? tomorrow I will pass all garage sales and the thrift store on my way to the library and Walgreen's!!! I will, I will, I will!

Have you ever tried the chocolate wine? The other night I had a taste...not bad, not bad at all! I was talking to someone today who said the raspberry chocolate wine is 'delish' too. Just thought I'd throw that in the mix.

1 comment:

  1. I've not had chocolate wine! Sounds like you garage sale and thrift with your grandchildren in mind. I do this too. My most recent purchase for them was a kit to make desk-top catapults! In looking at the bracelet holder I wonder if the right paper towel holder might not serve a similar purpose. Admiring the new bracelet.

    ReplyDelete