Friday, June 24, 2011

The Friday 56

"She's always eager to see her sister's handwriting, with it's long, curly loops. Angelina has been in Indochina for more than 6 months, and Victorine devours every detail of her letters." As a young woman Victorine is very progressive and ahead of her time. She leaves her family to travel to a totally different part of the world with her lover. I don't know how it plays out because I am only about 2/3 of the way through it. I'm not sure if I like it...... It's our book club choice. I'll follow up when I finish this book.

3 comments:

  1. This one sounds lovely...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely story! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ought to be an excellent book. There were many intrepid female explorers/travelers in 19th century england.

    ReplyDelete