Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Book Thief and some silliness

I know have been extremely boring lately....sorry. I haven't done nor made anything.

Today I spent the morning shopping: picked up 2 good bath towels, baseball cap for one of thte grandsons, and the book The Shack by William P Young at the thrift store. I picked up some rhubarb at a friend's then went to purchase a bird feeder and birdseed (grandson J & I have been watching & reading about birds). It was 84 while I was visiting in Connie's backyard.....and 59 when I got home (20 minutes away).

I borrowed the ebook The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and wanted to finish it before it disappeared like Water for Elephants did. It was kinda nice so I was sitting on the deck listening to the severe storm warnings that were predicted. When It started to get windy and rain I came in but 15 minutes later I had to go out for something and then it hit me......it was hot outside...the wind must have switched...it was 82. The few drops of rain we had was over so I grabbed my Nook and finished reading.

It is, yet, another book about the Jews. Nothing against that subject, it just seems like I have read so many recently. I did like it, the ending seemed a bit unbelievable to me though. I think I'll take a break from reading until I find out what our book club is reading next.




Speaking of reading........I signed up 2 of my grandsons for the reading program at Barnes & Noble. They have to read 8 books and then they get a free book. When grandson J was here Saturday night he picked out his 8 books and wanted me to read them all so we could go on Sunday to get his book. Well.........we should wait until (and if) his brother reads 8 books. The nearest Barnes & Noble book store is about 50 miles away. J picked out all of the Mr Men books by Roger Hargreaves that he has here so we did get them read on Saturday and Sunday. I read most of the books but he is learning to read some of the words so we worked on that.


Since I 'wasted' the whole day today I have to spend my evening cleaning up the kitchen. For a change I made supper for hubby, baked rhubarb muffins, and the rhubarb swirl (recipe that I posted earlier). Since I couldn't find the extra muffin pan that I thought I had I dug another out of the drawer....but ...when I took the muffins out of the oven, there it was....I had 2 pans stuck together. Whew! I thought my mind was gone when I couldn't find that pan. They do look good!

2 comments:

  1. I read The Shack a few years ago. I really liked it.

    Did you like Water for Elephants? I was thinking about getting that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have borowwed my copy.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete