Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rhubarb Swirl

This isn't the exact photo of the desert, but it's the best I could find since hubby ate what we had. My sister in law dropped off a couple of pieces on Tuesday night. I only had a small taste. I have been unable to eat since Tuesday (so unlike me), I tried to eat yesterday and it was not a good idea :-( My stomach hurts and headaches come and go. Hubby doesn't eat rhubarb, but he liked this. I don't have a recipe for a graham cracker crust but that should be easy to find.

RHUBARB SWIRL

3 cups rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 small box strawberry jello
1-1/2 cups milk
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 - 80z container Cool Whip

Cook rhubarb & sugar until soft, add strawberry jello. Cool. Mix milk & pudding, add vanilla & Cool Whip. When rhubarb mixture is cool add the Cool whip/pudding mixture. Pour into a 9 X 13 pan with graham cracker crust.

The above photo shows cool whip on top and a fruit slice, mine was just plain. Hope you have a rhubarb plant in your back yard or a good friend who does, like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment