Saturday, April 2, 2011

Do you have those days/weeks?

Some days/weeks I just don't have anything to say, I don't feel creative nor did I do anything exciting......this appears to have been one of those weeks....it started out good but went downhill quickly.

Wednesday was a slow day at work, I was looking for things to do. Grandson J and I went to the church supper and service. He is such a social butterfly (like his dad), he wanted to sit by and visit with his Sunday school friends and teachers. Good thing he gets along with girls b/c he is the only little boy there. Thursday I got some (not enough) housework done and ran errands. I was tired and went to bed early. After work on Friday hubby picked up fish lunches for us (he never wants to go out anymore), I washed the dishes and spent the rest of the night reading. Maybe it's my cold or maybe it's just me.

I finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I liked it, but as someone else said, it's a little too wordy. I skimmed over some of the long explanations/details. I was a reading manic b/c it was an ebook I borrowed from the library. Today I will pick up an actual book for our next book club discussion.

Today hubby is leaving for a week in AZ, it's the guys annual golf trip. I am not sure why he goes, he doesn't show any excitement, never talks about it, and is not even packed (he leaves in 4 hours). That shouldn't surprise me....he never shows emotion. He is not very social, he either sits in front of TV in the family room all day or upstairs at his desk all day (working on his sports cards collection. He is NOT a talker, especially to me. I guess I am just use to it...note...I did not say I like it. I am rather independent and have learned to rely on myself at a young age....so I deal with it.

Hopefully next week will be more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to get into "...Dragon Tattoo", but I am having the same problem! I am skimming over the wordiness and as a result, it keeps losing my interest. :( I have put it down and tried picking it back up several times over the past few months... perhaps summertime by the pool will help me finish it!!

    ReplyDelete