Monday, March 7, 2011

Reading, puking, sewing, what a weekend!

I bet you can guess that reading would be my favorite activity of the weekend! I am reading The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean. I stumbled across it when blog surfing. I like it, it's kinda light, but not "fluffy". The story is about a college student who was raised by her grandma and takes over the vintage clothing store. The dresses have stories.........I am halfway through and would recommend it.

Puking? I am sure you want to know about that???? Our grandson spent the night on Saturday and after church on Sunday he complained about a stomach ache. He even took a long nap and felt better...well that didn't last long, he threw up on my good living room carpet (grandpa caught most of it in his hands and I grabbed a throw, held it under his mouth, and walked him to the bathroom). We cleaned up took him home (mom was here to get him but he was napping) and found out that his mom and older brother had been sick too. Now hubby is home sick from work. I really hope I don't get it!

It's not really sewing, but I did get 31 money pouches (for church) done yesterday. Only 14 more to go. I will get them done today.

The remaninder of today will be spent dropping things off at the consignment shop (among other things). I have to pay for last week's shopping spree, remember???

>

2 comments:

  1. You're funny! The book sounds right up my alley..have to check it out. And the sewing is better than I have done---still have a skirt cut out that I havent gotten to yet...and its wool. ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your eclectic blog and love it. Have ordered the book from the local library!

    ReplyDelete