Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Friday moning

I'm trying to think positive, so it IS a good morning!!!!! You see 'person X' (who really, really annoys me- Ive ranted in a couple of other posts) and person Y are occupying my thoughts and I have to let it go. Our temps are only in the teens, there is no sun, and everything is covered with snow again. I also have to do the dreaded grocery shopping today.



BUT....on the bright side....I have $ to purchase groceries and am able to get out today. Yesterday my bff and her cousin from Florida picked me up and we went to a couple of scrapbooking stores, it was good to be out. I only bought some paper. One of the stores is closing....very sad. It is a beautiful store, she offers classes and open scrap. It is a locally owned business and unfortunately she can't make a go of it. The store has beautiful and many specialty papers but it is in a very out of the way location. I think I was only there a handful of times. It's just too easy for me to go to Hobby Lobby, which is 2 blocks from where I work and what I need is either on sale this week or the next week.



Now for the Friday 56:
Freda's Voice: The Friday 56: "Welcome to Week 21 with me! Rules: *Grab a book, any book. *Turn to page 56. *Find any sentence that grabs you. *Post it. *Add your (url)..."





I have just started reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I borrowed the ebook so I will be reading like crazy to get it finished in 14 days.






p.56 "The media have the ability to attract the craziest people to call in perfectly absurd tips."

I am only on page 31 but so far I like the book. The financial dealings in the beginning kinda went over my head.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I read this book a few months ago. Although I really liked the book, it had way too much information in it. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALways focus on the bright side...life is just too short to let the Friday blahs...or Monday blahs...get to you...I left the books I am reading at home..so I will have to send in a quote later...enjoy...truly enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book. I've heard good things about the book, and bad things about the film.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete