Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Waiting....

Yes, I guess I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Friday I saw my cardiologist and all is well. In 6 months I'll have   an Echo and  my bloodwork and doctor's observations and visit will be more in depth.  
Monday I saw my oncologist and was happy to hear that my bloodwork is good. The numbers that we want to go down are!!! One test mainly, for my liver was over 2000 when I started, pretty darn high, it is now over 300, 117 is normal. YEAH!!!! Both of my tumor markers are coming down....one is near normal. But no, the cancer will not be cured.....but we can pray to control it for many years!!!!!!!  My prayer. This almost makes me want to return in another month for more bloodwork, but my appointment is for another 6 months. I guess it is good that the dr does not think he needs to see me every 6 weeks or so.
I'm just afraid....when will the numbers go in the opposite direction??? When will the other shoe drop? How long can I continue to do the things I want (to a percentage of what I really want to do)? Since I don't drive any distance I am not going very many places, seeing many things. I've said it before and I will say it again "I miss doing things with my friends". I am still me!!! I am an introvert and am comfortable with doing/going by myself, but that has boundaries now. I work slowly, I tire easily, am tired after supper,  I go to bed early and sleep late. I can tell my body is different, nothing I can really explain....but some things have been affected.  I try to get my 5000 steps a day, some days I do.  My appetite is pretty darn good though!
This is my journey and I'm stickin' to it. I am not complaining, just telling it how I see/feel it. 
Thanks for coming along.

7 comments:

  1. Linda, I wish I were there...we could at least talk. I read your post while holding my breath...I want you to be well. If you can't drive and come and go as you would love...call your girlfriends. Tell them to come and enjoy a small lunch. a coffee break, or even dinner with your hubby and you. I am sure they will be willing to even bring the food....I can't be there...so I am sending you big hugs and prayers. Are you getting to see the children?? Love you, blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your heart in your words. I pray that today will hold many moments of joy in whatever you can do, and the next day and the next and the next.....
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that your blood numbers are going down. You do right to just listen to your body and rest when it wants to. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we lived closer.(I will never stop saying that.) Anyway, my daily goal for steps is 6,000. I rarely get it, but I do maybe once a week. So far today I have 5663, but I went grocery shopping and did errands this morning. I will hit it before the day is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be with you on GOOD days and BAD:) I pray for you daily and KNOW that those prayers are being heard! Keep putting one foot in front of the other dear friend, BIG HUGS coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lot to cope with and I think you are doing great. You keep on keeping on and making plans and living your life. In fact, that's the very best thing ANY of us can do! Love and continued prayers from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you cope better than I would/do. I pray you are around as long as my cousin, Kay. Life is different, but it's still life. Love and hug to you!

    ReplyDelete