Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Woman's Place

I really enjoyed this book by Lynn Austin and think I'll read more of her books.
The setting is in a small town in Michigan during WWII. Many of the men have been called to war and the factories are short handed. Four women, from different phases in their lives, start working in a shipyard for varying reasons and friendships are formed.



This is a Christian book, the way the gospel is brought in is not preachy, it's explaining a better way to live life.....simple ideas  in some ways.
Stay tuned....more book reviews on the way. I read about 2 books per week. I LOVE sitting outside and  reading. I HAVE to be outside when it is nice out,

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your book review. I ike reading about life during WW2 although much of what I have read pertains to the British during that time. Looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, So glad you like being out when it's nice ....me too. I think it's calming to read when you can totally relax. Blessings, love, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the book review! Sounds like like I would enjoy to read. Added to my Reading List!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try to find this book. I wonder if our library has it, if not I will check out Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds like a great book! I hope your day is filled with everything you enjoy! I continue to pray for you:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete