Thursday, August 25, 2016

It Is What It Is


It is what it is..............that was my facebook post. I guess I just got sick of wearing a hat all of the time. Lately I've been forgetting it, but today I intentionally didn't wear it. I have a friend who is done with her chemo and radiation and still wears her wig, she loves it. She's even had the back of her hair trimmed. I don't think anyone is aware of her situation, I just happened to run into her one day and we talked. I hated my wig, it felt like it was coming off, I prefered to wear a hat.
My very short hair is really light and hard to see. People seem to think I look OK so I am going with it......actually even if they weren't, I'd go with it. I am comfortable. 



I have METS (breast  cancer that has metastasized), you don't hear much about that. The emphasis is on breast cancer survivors, you don't read about women who are just trying to live for as long as possible and aren't sure what is going to happen next. I feel good and have had a great summer! 
Much of the funds for breast cancer go for administrative costs....I know that is true with many charities, but still....it's not right.
I read an interesting article about METS.... if you want to read it here it is   METS

6 comments:

  1. You are such a brave lady! Not about choosing not to wear your wig but for your fight and attitude. You are in my prayers. I think you look adorable with your short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! You do not need a wig or a hat (except for sun protection). I am in awe of your bravery and attitude. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look very "edgey" and that's a compliment!
    You rock the look and it looks so very cool for summer.
    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful:) I pray that you will be ALL BETTER soon! Praying and believing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I know that SGK in Oregon is wanting to do more to address METS. But the national focus is on getting women to get in get checked. You are a fighter strong and amazing me every time I check in. I don't know what it would look like if I had to do it again. I marvel at your strength and perseverance. Hugs and respect one survivor to another

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I know that SGK in Oregon is wanting to do more to address METS. But the national focus is on getting women to get in get checked. You are a fighter strong and amazing me every time I check in. I don't know what it would look like if I had to do it again. I marvel at your strength and perseverance. Hugs and respect one survivor to another

    ReplyDelete