Even though my scalp hurts and I am shedding like a sheepdog in mid summer I can see God's hand in this.
- The last time I got my hair cut it was shorter than I wanted, but I grew to like it. Soon it will be gone.
- I am officially retired, this isn't what I had planned, but at least I won't be stressing about work and squeezing in DR appts.
- Kev, who has a hard time showing affection goes to all my Dr appointments, hugs me back when I hug him and is showing me that he cares, this can bring us closer.
- My appetite has changed: I don't crave the sweets, red meat I pass up, but I want more veggies. All of that is just plain healthier for me, cancer or not.
- The trips I had planned are all scheduled for before my chemo treatments, at a time when I am feeling my best.
- I had chest pains several days ago and went to ER (my heart is good) but when a CT scan was done they saw something on my lung. Yesterday the DR showed me how small it is, said it is not breast cancer that spread to my lung, but is possibly a spore that I inhaled as a kid. At least we know it's there and it can be checked again by one of those 'interesting' CT scans that make you feel like you just wet your pants.
- The egg hunt that I (accidental) planned for Mother's Day was a blessing for my bff who lost her mother about 2 weeks previously. She was here with the family and not sitting at home being depressed.
I am hoping that God can use me to witness to others who may not know Him. I am also hoping that I continure to feel this good throughout the whole summer! And thank you again for all of your prayers and support!!! - my 'real life' family and friends and my new blogger friends. Have a great weekend!!!! I'll be off to Nashville early Sunday morning, chemo when I am back on thursday, so you won't hear from me for a few days.