Saturday, May 17, 2014

Seeing God's Hand

Even though my scalp hurts and I am shedding like a sheepdog in mid summer I can see God's hand in this.

  • The last time I got my hair cut it was shorter than I wanted, but I grew to like it. Soon it will be gone.
  • I am officially retired, this isn't what I had planned, but at least I won't be stressing about work and squeezing in DR appts.
  • Kev, who has a hard time showing affection goes to all my Dr appointments, hugs me back when I hug him and is showing me that he cares, this can bring us closer.
  • My appetite has changed: I don't crave the sweets, red meat I pass up, but I want more veggies. All of that is just plain healthier for me, cancer or not.
  • The trips I had planned are all scheduled for before my chemo treatments, at a time when I am feeling my best. 
  • I had chest pains several days ago and went to ER (my heart is good) but when a CT scan was done they saw something on my lung. Yesterday the DR showed me how small it is, said it is not breast cancer that spread to my lung, but is possibly a spore that I inhaled as a kid. At least we know it's there and it can be checked again by one of those 'interesting' CT scans that make you feel like you just wet your pants. 
  • The egg hunt that I (accidental) planned for Mother's Day was a blessing for my bff who lost her mother about 2 weeks previously. She was here with the family and not sitting at home being depressed.
I am hoping that God can use me to witness to others who may not know Him. I am also hoping that I continure to feel this good throughout the whole summer! And thank you again for all of your prayers and support!!! - my 'real life' family and friends and my new blogger friends.  Have a great weekend!!!! I'll be off to Nashville early Sunday morning, chemo when I am back on thursday, so you won't hear from me for a few days. 

9 comments:

  1. I think the cancer also is making you more thoughtful of how God is at work in your life. Remember, if His hand is in your life, in is in the lives of others as well, and that means the ones you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is a merciful and loving father, I pray you do good on your chemo days. Enjoy your trip to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs for you sweet Linda. I remember when my daughter started losing her hair, it went very fast. You are more than your hair, don't forget. You are in my prayers Linda. I am glad your Kev is there for you. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are finding lots of silver lining in your clouds, Linda. I hope you continue to feel as well as possible and that your spirits soar as you go through your treatment. You are a living testimony to how you deal with this through God's presence in your life! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your positivity! You are choosing to see the blessings...:) Have a wonderful trip to Nashville!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am proud to call you my SISTER! Love ya Linda. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip to Nashville. Go slow on the shorts, the temp here in NC today in only about 60 degrees. May be warmer when you get there. Keep up the good thoughts and know that God is working in your life during this trying time. Trust in HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am learning a lot from you by seeing how you handle adversity. I love your energy and the way you anticipate the good things coming your way. The chemo is gonna merely be a "speed bump" as you move forward. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete