Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day/Egg Hunt

Sunday turned out to be a pretty nice day, not as nice as Saturday but nice enough to spend the day on the deck......and most of us did. Some of the guys stayed in to watch TV, nothing unusual about that.
Remember that container full of eggs in my last post?
Well, grandpa hid them while Grandson J and I were in church, and he had RULES.
Here he is directing the kids (at a local school).
 Two of my grands sort through some of their goodies. 
 The 2 'little girls'.
The one on the right has a birthday coming up in 2 weeks and I am not sure if I'll see her then, so she got our gift early. Granddaughter M 'helped' her open them, C wasn't upset. 

It was a really nice day, the kids played nice. The adults visited.
I had a simple menu and asked those coming over to bring something. I am trying to take life easier and not stress out about such things. I think serving corn on the cob (first of the season) was a hit!
Mother's Day is not my favorite holiday.
I did get a present tho-SD gave me a candy bar bouquet and Hobby Lobby gift card..... a very pleasant surprise. 
After everyone had left and we had things picked up I walked over to Kev, gave him a hug and said "I love you". He hugged me back and said the same to me. That's a BIG deal in my book!!!
It's going to be a busy week, this first full week of retirement. Oh, last wednesday was my last day. I said I will go back to help out if needed. 
Have a wonderful week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your retirement! You will enjoy every moment of it! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copngratulations on your retirement! Looks like fun was had by all during the egg hunt! Enjoy...:) I got a Hobby Lobby gift card too and can't wait to use it...only problem is the closest one is an hour and a half away! Gives me time to figure out what to spend it on I guess...:) Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete