Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bringing Nashville To An End

 I've been home for a week so it's time to wind up my Nashville posts.
I've been tired and lacked the ambition to do so previously.
A funny story.....
At the first rest stop on Sunday morning Carole stops me and starts telling me about a lunch date she recently had. Carole is one of  the women we've spent time with on previous trips.
She tells Bev about her upcoming trip to Nashville and Bev says her daughter in law's mother is also taking a bus trip to Nashville.....that'd be me! Bev and Carole work out at the same facility....2 hours from here.....it's a small world.
Carolee, me, Carole

We visited the new Johnny Cash museum.
I'd like to read more about him.



We visited Antique Archeology....where sometimes  American Pickers is taped. 

We attended a dinner show at Nashville Nightlife and saw Tim Watson aka thefiddleman.
The star of his show was his 18 year old son, what stage presence....he'll go places.
We toured Studio B, where Elvis recorded. 
This is the piano he used, he liked the lights turned down really low. 
This is unassuming Studio B, where many famous singers recorded. It was an interesting tour.
We also toured the Country Music museum and hall of fame, lots to see there.
One day we had some time to walk around and have lunch on our own. Carolee asked some locals for a recommendation...they said Demos.... we walked the 2 or 3 blocks to the restaurant. I had never heard of trigger fish but decided to try it. I highly recommend it!
Later we stopped at the Gaylord hotel and convention center to tour the magnificent gardens....OH MY...it was LOVE!!!
That evening we went to the Grand Ole Opry. It was fabulous! I really enjoyed it. Our seats were on the mezzanine, in front.....good seats in an building that seats 4400. We saw Josh Turner, Ricky Scaggs, Lee Greenwood, Darryl  Worley, and the MusiCorps Wounded Warrior Band (they were AWESOME).
That was my Nashville trip.
I came home, had my 2nd round of chemo, and felt like crap for a week. 
Finally, late this afternoon, I started to feel human again.....let the good times roll!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much to see and all so interesting; since most of these people were in our lifetime. Blessings, Catherine
    p.s. you are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did cram a lot in those two days! Good times!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds and looks like so much fun! Going to the Grand ol' Opry is on my Bucket List. I wanna go!! Two treatments done!! God bless you, GF! It will be worth it to kick Cancer's butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a good time and felt quite well while you were there. Sorry about feeling like crap after your chemo. God bless you, Linda. I pray for you all the time- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete