Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another New Adventure

Nope, not looking forward to this one, not one bit! I am so thankful for the world wide web and youtube. 

*Yesterday afternoon my hair/head started hurting
*the hair follicles are dying (couldn't the arthritis cells die instead?)
*my hair is starting to fall out  (sad face - the hair on my legs is still intact - darn)
*last night and this morning I watched videos about tying turbans and scarves
*there are a lot of fashionable looks to be had

I'm glad scarves, turbans, and hats are in style.

Once again I will be dare to be different, but not as different as I was when I was the only kid in our small town with red hair whom the high school boys teased.

I do have a request.....
If you're a praying person please pray that my hair stays with me until next Wednesday when I return from Nashville. I don't have any idea of how long the process takes so if you have any insight please comment.

I thank everyone for your kind thoughts, comments, and prayers!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you sweet lady. One of my friends just finished treatments and she mustered the courage to have it shaved before it fell out. She cried but felt power in the decision. She has done well and her hair is now so cuuuuute! Do what makes you feel good about yourself. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my prayers, Linda. I think the fall out rate is different for everyone-from days to a few weeks. I think that is one of the worst parts for women-we are so connected to our hair and how it looks. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, sadly mine was coming out in mass within 10 hours of my second chemo. But most people out is inbetween 2 & 3 ... my shaving video is linked to my blog...hope your having a great time in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easier said than done, but keep repeating...It's only hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bring some warm weather back with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete