Monday, February 7, 2011

"Playing" on my day off

I actually did it! I cut a part of the cover of an old album and turned it into a book. For several years I have been picking up albums for the art/colorful covers. I have displayed them on the mantle at Christmastime and thought that I'd use them to make little books...well today was the day!!! this is a little 5 x 7 booklet. I wasn't sure what I was going to use for the pages, but certainly NOT unused/good papers. I decided to use pages from books and some odd scrapbook papers that I knew I would not use. I also put in an envelope and some card fronts. This is from a card I received from a fellow Red Hat friend....it was too precious to toss.
Book page that I like.


Page from the same book.







This envelope page is made from an old file folder, the end will be closed with eyelets (maybe), string, ribbon???? and embellished. I am not sure what I will use this for. It will be embellished. There are some blank pages I can write on or I can paste pictures or other objects on. Once I get a couple of pages complete I will post them.




No comments:

Post a Comment