The techniques we used were painting: on this card we stamped Distress Inks onto the stamp, misted it for the water color look and stamped over an embossed image (words). Our paint (ink) palette was a craft pad, we stamped on it, misted it and dipped our water brushes into it and painted. The word 'ribbon' on the bottom was misted and then crumbled. After it was dry we folded the left side back, stapled it, and repeated that 2 more times. We used a very small stapler with tiny staples(they had a different name for it). Staples are OK but I do not like to see them on the back side of the paper so I took my blue card and cut off the front and layered it onto a brownish card. i know the flower doesn't cut it.....they provided a bigger one, but it was too big so I had to find one of my own. For this card we embossed with clear powder then painted the 'clean' parts (flowers, birds, etc). First start with the lightest color and layer darker over for shading. OK, I am not the greatest painter......I don't know if I would do this at home, if so I'd do several cards at a time. It does look nice! For the background 'stripe' on the card we just took the Distress ink pad and pulled it down the side. I do like that look.
We painted the lace on the bottom of the card. We also put Distress Stickles on the flowers on the above and below cards. It does add a nice touch.
This card was embossed and then painted like an earlier card. The background on the tan card stock was stamped with white chalk ink.