Thursday, February 17, 2011

Attention Deficiet Disorder???

Sometimes I'll hear the comment that I must have ADD..........nah!!! I just have lots of varied interests and a short attention span????? and believe me, I don't have hyperactivity. For a while I will be 'gung ho' into reading, then I tire of that and move to watching TV, next I am in letter writing mode, a week later I can't stop playing cube crash, then I am making cards, etc. Anybody else like this?

Take, for instance, the types of blogs I follow:

FASHION - where does that come from? I am well over 50 and overweight (not that that has anything to do with looking good), I live in a small town, work for a plumber, and don't attend social events. I am almost always wearing jeans with a sweater or knit shirt or I have on yoga pants (nor do I do yoga). When I wear a scarf with my sweater to work I feel really dressed up....remember I work with plumbers......and what a reputation they have. *wink* When DO I dress up?? for church and Red Hat meetings............sad, huh? I do love to see stylish women over 50 or women that may have a few extra pounds.

JUNQUE/ANTIQUING/DECORATING - I just collect junk and old stuff....it's not displayed beautifully in a vignette or artfully arranged. I don't have the imagination or home in which to do that. I love to go to thrift stores and garage sales to find things that I like, whether it's old or new.

SCRAPBOOKING/CRAFTING/CARDMAKING -OK, I do dabble in making scrapbooks and cards....and I am good at copying others ideas. The crafts I do are usually with grand kids...and you can't tell my craft from theirs.

THRIFTY/FRUGAL LIFESTYLES - Am I frugal or just cheap? I dig stuff out of the garbage for use in crafts, I shop at the local thrift store (because it is cheaper than Goodwill), I even color & trim my own hair (between salon cuts), I run straight to the clearance racks in any store where I sometimes buy kids clothing & gifts several months ahead, I pack a sandwich & ice tea for my lunch at work, and bring my own ice tea or water when I am driving, I freeze leftovers to be used later in a different recipe, I freeze or can extra produce from summer/fall, I request free items & samples from the web, and I get stuff from FREECYCLE.

ORGANIZATION/STORAGE - hmmmmm....have you ever seen my basement crafting area??? If you had, you'd know that I may read those blogs but I don't put what I read/see into practice. Actually I DO like to organize things. It would be much easier and more fun if I had unlimited funds and a carpenter at my beck and call. oh well.............

The blogs I SHOULD follow:
HEALTHY EATING WITHOUT CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS
EXERCISE IS FUN & DOABLE
EASY DINNERS YOUR HUSBAND WILL LOVE
SLEEP LESS AND ORGANIZE MORE
SHOPPING IS NOT FUN
KEEPING YOUR HOME SPOTLESS IN 1/2 HOUR A DAY
and most importantly: HOW TO KEEP ONE'S FOOT OUT OF ONE'S MOUTH

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I would like to follow those blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your interests are not ADD--you are a very deep and varied person! I share a lot of those interests; most of all fashion--but I am a cheap yankee and make my christmas cards evrey year. Look forward to getting to know you! Paula

    ReplyDelete