Monday, November 28, 2011

It Was My First Time

Yes, you read that right, Saturday evening was my first time........now you know I don't mean 'that'....this is not that kind of blog and I am definitely not that kind of girl. We did have a good time, albeit a bit wet. The community I live in has a Holiday Fantasy parade the Saturday after Thanksgiving and our church participated this year. About a dozen people walked along and handed out glow sticks....the theme "Jesus is the light of the world".




We had children walking along and being pulled in wagons. No big deal you say....well.... It rained all afternoon was raining that evening too, not very heavy, but raining all through the parade. I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't made the commitment. If I say I'm going to do it I almost always will. My 6 & 7 year old grandsons walked with me. I thought it would be a good for them to get involved in some more church activities. We dressed warm but it wasn't cold at all, I didn't even have my gloves on. While we walked the 3 blocks to meet up with the rest of our group we each had an umbrella but I put them away while we walked the parade route. I put on a lightweight rain poncho......but noticed several blocks later that the hood was not on my head....so my hair was wet, and I looked like a drowned rat. Oh well, it was dark and I didn't care. I had my arms full with 3 umbrellas and a bag of glow sticks. When I ran out of glow sticks I was able to use the bag for 2 of the umbrellas and the candy the boys got. What a relief! After the parade we walked to the community house to have hot chocolate and see Santa, then back to the car. I don't think I've walked so much in a long time. On the way back to the car we found the end of one of the umbrellas we lost on the way there. I had been looking for it and was really surprised that we found it in the dark.

I'm thankful that I was able to do something unique with the boys that I hope they will remember. We didn't let a little rain stop us!

I'm also thankful for Dropbox because I usually type on my laptop and now I can just save it and print it from our desktop when I want to. Dropbox is a free and easy to use and install on all of your computers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a new memory for your Grandsons! We have the "Holidazzle" parade here and we've gone to it. It's fun to see a parade in the winter!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete