Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Rebel

Once a rebel, always a rebel?
Whadda think about that?
I'm not sure....my mom might agree.
She always said I was a thoroughbred, didn't listen, had a mind of my own, etc.
I had to be: my dad passed before I was 2 and my mom was not totally with me (she doesn't remember that part of her life), I didn't really listen to my step dad and was a bit 'mouthy',  I stood up for myself because mom was on the quiet side. My first marriage wasn't ideal either. I made most decisions on my own too. When he had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized, I, a very pregnant, young mom with a toddler was left on my own....my parents were there for me but they both worked. I even found a different, cheaper apartment for us....at $40 a month, can you believe that?? Can you see why I don't  really care to ask for help? Why I don't need to ask what I should wear? What should I do? What's the best answer? What are you ordering? I have a mind of my own and was taught 'where there's a will, there's a way'.
As one of 2  redheads in town I was teased, I was different, I stood out in a crowd. As a teen I got  a bit bolder in my choices, I didn't mind being different sometimes. I was always a quiet person and kept things to myself, but I can be outspoken and opinionated. I still keep feelings to myself at times.  I like my way of doing things. I usually follow  my superior's orders......   I was taught to respect  my boss, dr, teacher, etc. BUT......sometimes I don't follow orders very good. Sometimes I made my own rules: ie 'don't take pictures' (I've been reprimanded for that), speed limits (I drive 5mph over),
don't do this or that. I don't always agree. My dr said to stay out of the sun, which I did for the summer. BUT, now that the sun is lower and the days are cooling down I might sit in the sun for 1/2 hour...I love the sun. Shhh....don't tell my dr!  
 Right or wrong "I did it my way"

2 comments:

  1. sounds like someone is related to me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like me:) I go with my own decisions, right or wrong! There's nothing wrong with that, SO... we'll just keep on keepin' on my friend! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete