Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It's me"Martha" celebrating our grandson's birthday

Sunday I was bad, again.  I slept until after 9, as usual.....9:30 is looking better and better. 
I planned a small get together for our youngest grandson's 6th birthday. His birthday was last week, but mom isn't having a party until the weekend.......maybe. A few of us just had a get together at the park.


 Sunday morning I got up baked, frosted, and decorated his cake. I made a pasta salad. I cleaned up the kitchen, packed up the cooler, hauled it upstairs, packed another bag with plates, etc, found towels and swimsuits for the boys,  and packed up the car. 
 Kevin had a golf tournament planned so he was gone for the day.
I was 15 minutes behind schedule to pick up the boys.....and then I got 1/2 way there when the 'low fuel' light comes on.....Fortunately I was near a gas station and put some gas in the car. Then I was off.

 I sent one of the adult kids to get deli chicken from the store, I ran out of time. 


Last weekend the beach was packed, it was a real contrast on Sunday.


 Finally everyone was getting along and had a good time!!
More weekend escapades coming up....no plans for this weekend, YAY!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time:). Love the beach. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good gramma! I was tired just reading about your getting it all together! You are amazing! Those kids are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing well. I've been away again so I'm behind in reading. Will catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    You are a great grandma...I just know those kids will remember all the wonderful love and God's love you put into them. I also think you are AMAZING!!
    You NEVER give up. You are a true inspiration.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so nice that you have a place that close to visit!!
    Good job, Grandma!!!
    My Trysta sent us a little video this evening and asked for one in return. I look so bad I videoed Louis Dean singing a song to her. She told her mother that was nice but MeeMaw will send me one thanking me for the video. So I did. She said, "I KNEW MeeMaw would send me one!" Bottom line......kids loves US and they don't care about much else. I can see why your grandkids love you so much!

    ReplyDelete