Friday, November 11, 2011

Alone/the Friday 56

It's the Friday 56 at http://www.fredasvoice.blogspot.com/. Stop in and see what other interesting sentences are posted.....maybe you'll find a good book to read.

P. 56 "She kept her mouth shut, she still didn't ask any questions." I am not sure if I am going to finish this book or not, it's one I can read any time because I have it on my ereader. Also I'm not sure if it is my type of book....it's OK so far. I started it so I'd have something to read while I was waiting for my book club book to be in...and it is. Today I got an email saying that a book I requested from Overdrive is in so I downloaded that one and will read it first. The Lit Wits (our book club) doesn't meet again until Dec 13th so I'll have plenty of time to read that book.
Here's an excerpt from the Smashwords website (where I got this free book): "Caught in a violent and abusive relationship, Serenity thinks there is no escape. Upon meeting a stranger, Sebastian, she is shown the possibility of a different future. Only Sebastian has a dark secret; he is a vampire. As Serenity’s life takes a terrifying turn, she finds herself drawn into a world she never knew existed; one of murder, love, and immortality. She is forced to confront her own weaknesses to save both her own life and that of the vampire she has come to love. But in the end all that matters is; can she find the strength to be Alone?"
I'm tee hee heeing because I scheduled this to be posted at 11:11am on Friday the 11th. Just something silly I decided to do.............I'm at work...... and I hope the combination of a full moon and 11-11-11 isn't a bad omen (not that I believe in them).
Today I am thankful for chocolate.......I LOVE chocolate....I'm addicted to it (if one can be).

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she should ask questions.... Happy 11-11-11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the cover, I wouldn't touch it :) But really, you never know right? So maybe give it a few more chapters! :)

    You have an 11-11-11-11 (well, almost) and chocolate, so I guess things are all good after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she didnt open her mouth at all? hmm, chocolate. I thank all the vets that love their chocolate.

    ReplyDelete