Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gadgets & Gizmos

I've fallen behind in my 30 Days of Thanksgiving but I'm gonna get caught up soon! I love my gadgets & gizmo's and that is why I'm thankful for all of the modern technology we have at our finger tips. Aren't microwaves great? How nice it is to be able to reheat leftovers from Thanksgiving, to quickly pop some popcorn, or to make a cup of tea. Remote controls.....remember when we (as kids) had to get up and change the channel for our parents? in the early days of our adult lives? Today, if we can't find the remote it's a major event. There are remotes for fans, radios, even the blinds on your windows....my favorite one is my car remote - it comes in SO handy on those cold, snowy days when I am at work or out and about....oh, I do like my TV remote....you know, the one with the sleep timer I use to shut the TV off after I've gone to bed. I can take my laptop along when I travel and check my (ever so important) facebook page...OK, I am being facetious. But it is nice to have. I love my Nookcolor, at first I wasn't sure I'd like reading on it but now I do. It's easier to read in bed with it and only have to hold one thing instead of trying to hold the pages open and the book. I think I was the first one of my friends to buy a digital camera (after my 1st grandchild was born) and I have several. I do have a cell phone but it is a prepaid one and I seldom use it, no need to because I am not that important that people are calling me all the time. I prefer the house telephone. I love my crafting tools too- Vagabond, Your Story, Bind it All, Slice.....gotta stay away from crafting stores.
I'm also thankful that I have a relatively new car that runs good.
I'm thankful that I was able to make a nice Thanksgiving dinner (with help from guests) to share with some of our family that were able to come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment