Monday, September 12, 2011

Sputnik fest & weekend fun

A quote from the Sputnikfest poster............this is what it's all about.
"Its early morning on September 6th, 1962 and the skies over Manitowoc are illuminated with an eerie green light. A bright object, burning like the sun creates an arc and plunges toward earth crashing smack dab in the middle of 8th Street!" This is the first year I went. I took the boys and my SIL and her son met us there.



This is the Rahr-West Art Museum/Mansion where it's held.




The aliens come in droves to Sputnik fest.




Grandsons S & J were lucky enough to calm these folks down for a photo op.




Huge pile of sand where the kids dug for space aliens.






There MUST be something in this big hole I dug!!!





We found the whole of one of the space ships and convinced them to pose with the boys.





Anyone could come and create a space ship or creature for FREE. The area was full. On the 2nd Saturday of the month the museum always has a free wacky workshop. I take the boys as often as I can. They enjoy it. Afterwards we look around at the art that is displayed that month.




Grandson S enjoying himself.

Later that afternoon we went to our youngest Grandson's 1st birthday party. I had to leave early so I didn't get a photo of the cake or gift opening.







Here we are.........I don't see him very often.



The birthday card, made with Stampin' Up punches...........I love punches.


Sunday afternoon grandson J wanted to have his cousin over so they could strart their alien club. I made a club house using my "fabulous" (NOT) clothes line and some blankets.

Surprisingly they played good together for a long time so Michele and I were able to visit and enjoy most of the afternoon. Weather wise it was a gorgeous weekend. I even got my car cleaned out.

3 comments:

  1. the card you made is very nice! Wish I had a blow-up alien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend. Love the clubhouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an event that kids would love! Cute club house!

    ReplyDelete