Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Before & After

After 2 days with grand kids I decided to have a day by myself yesterday. I wanted to go to the BIG Cedarburg flea market but hubby did not want to, my bff wanted to go to, but after we talked about it we both decided we were broke and it would be best to stay home. It was cloudy and cool (high 61) so I went into the basement to clean my craft area. I only LIKE to be there when it is cloudy, unless it's winter. I worked at a leisurely pace but got my paper cutter area cleaned, computer desk, and 2 work tables cleaned off. I should have taken a before shot of my stamping table.............it was piled 6" high and now it is CLEAN!!! If only I'd learn to put things back when I am done with them. I have a tendency to pull out this, that, and the other thing when I am working and then leaving it out.


I found this faux wood desk thing at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago, I got it for $1 b/c the 'finish' peeled off along with the price tag (see right corner).





I painted it black.




This is my stamping table, the one that had 6" of all sorts of stuff on it. It may look like a mess to you, but this table has not been this clean in YEARS.....and this is only one little corner of my crafting area in the basement. I don't know what got into me today but I finished what I started on Monday.





I had 3 of the rotating utensil caddies (round white thing) but narrowed it down to one. It is amazing what happens when you put things where they belong! It would be so nice to have custom shelving for my crafting supplies.....but that will never happen. One can dream, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I am impressed. I spent an afternoon in August cleaning off my scrapbooking table so my daughter would have an area to do her homework. It looks so very organized.

    ReplyDelete