Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thoughts On Thursday

Remember yesterday I was up at 4AM?  I bet you thought I'd be in bed by 7 last night...........wrong....I was up until after 11. I think it caught up with me today though, at 8:30 I'm ready for bed. I'll finish this post and watch some TV and then's it's off to dreamland for me.

Today I had to take my car in for an oil change, diagnostic test, etc. My grandson called me at 7:30 this morning to ask if I could pick him up from school this afternoon. I figured as long as I was in town I'd run my errands and kill some time at the thrift store if I had to before I picked him up. WRONG! I sat at the auto dealership from 11-2:30. Of course the service tech took lunch while I sat in the waiting room. Next time I'll make sure I'm not waiting over the noon hour. I did bring something to do but wasn't planning on such a long wait. BUT.....after man #1 left the waiting area I grabbed the remote and turned on What Not To Wear for an hour and then HGTV. By the time I finally left there were about 6 people watching HGTV, I almost  felt like I should give the remote to one of the guys and let them turn on something else but I was quite the rebel and left the channel on that I chose. It would have been fun to be a fly on the wall and see how long it took for someone to find the remote and change the channel.

Tomorrow after work I'm going to a scrapbook retreat. It's local, in the same town I work in, so I opted not to take the day off work....besides I have a lot to catch up on at work. My plan is to work on the scrapbook for my mom and download photos from last year.....100's of photos that are on a memory card. I'm staying overnight on friday and will be home saturday night. I'll see how it goes.
Hopefully I'll have something fun to report next week.

Yup, I'm feeling pretty empowered that I had control over the TV in the waiting area....It doesn't take much to make my day!

Time to finish packing.
Good night and have a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment