Thursday, January 2, 2014

10 Things

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year! Did you celebrate? We didn't do a 'dern thing'. I worked 1/2 day and then grandson J came over. We had leftovers for supper (I had hoped hubby would buy steaks for us).
We have that chest cold that seems to be going around so we just laid around and watched TV, grandson J's favorite activity - it's not so bad in winter, but in summer - get outside!!!!
New Years day our big activity was baking cupcakes.
I don't make resolutions because I don't keep them, it's all just a bunch of hype.


So here are 10 things that you probably don't know (or care to know) about me.
  1. We don't have a dishwasher, I never have and am not wanting one either.
  2. I have not seen Saturday Night Fever.
  3. I do not sit long enough in front of the TV to watch a whole movie.
  4. In 1984 I went para-sailing in Cancun with my girlfriend and am so glad I did...that was my one and only chance to do it.
  5. Our first apartment was an attic, and there was no main entrance or lock, just the individual rooms locked. Oh my, the baby slept in her own room and we had to share the bathtub on the 2nd floor.
  6. I am an avid list maker, if not, I forget what I am suppose to do.
  7. My first job was babysitting and ironing for the neighbors.
  8. I am very picky....just not about food. :-(
  9. I don't like repetitive noises/activities....ie: tapping of fingers, popping gum, tossing the remote control in the air & catching it, etc.
  10. I have something chocolate EVERY day....you probably knew this.

I know, it's kind of a lame first post for 2014, but it's 'all I got'.....no best posts of 2013 for me.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

  1. What fun facts, Linda! But- I do love my dishwasher! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list. My first apt wasn't quite that bad but close. That one and another one that we lived in have had fires.....many years after I lived there. The one on Jackson street that burned recently was one of them.
    Repetition of noises and actions and phrases bother me, too. But you know that. 😉
    Have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not feel bad, Linda. Here it is the 7th of the month and I haven't posted since...I forget when!
    I know it was before Christmas. Got Christmas all down and packed away but still have to be put overhead in the garage. Dreading that one.
    No dishwasher here either...or garbage disposal! :) I don't miss them, and that's the honest truth. I SHOULD be an avid list maker and do sometimes and then I forget which tiny tablet I have written it in, and start a new one. You are right though..it does help!
    Repetitive noises make me want to dance...or hit someone! Depends. My first job was, like you, babysitting and ironing for neighbors. I love chocolate too and often find myself tipping up the bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup in the frig. I probably should not have told you that.
    I loved reading about you..especially the part about being picky, but not about food. *sigh* Yeah, me too!
    I shall return. I am off to try and find something to blog about.
    p.s. I saw Saturday Night Fever..in an actual theatre. Yep, it was for the young..but I kind of enjoyed it. Kind of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Our first apartment was one room with a pull down bed. The stove was one of those old black ones with the oven above the gas burners. We had to tie the oven door shut with one of Pat's socks. The door locked with a skeleton key and several times someone pushed the key out and tried to pull it under the door...so I stopped leaving it in the lock. I hung a shirt over the door knob. Our windows looked out onto a shaft along with all the other windows. $45 a month. Haven't thought about those things in years.

    ReplyDelete