Friday, October 4, 2013

Bargain Birkenstocks

Remember that last saturday, after the cross country meet, I went shopping with my daughter in law and granddaughter? We went to the consignment/antique shop that my daughter recommended. I found these Birkenstocks, my 9th pair. I wear them all year long, clogs in the winter. These will be great for fall or spring. They had a brown tag (50% off) and were a summer item  (another 30% discount)...bringing the $32.50 price down to $11.38. Not bad, eh? I didn't see any signs of wear on them. 



I know this is not a good pic, I am not a model and didn't show the profile of the shoe...........oh well. That's my thrifty find for this past week.

Yesterday I was off so I did what I usually attempt to do, clean up some of my mess....On the top of the refrigerator I found a garbage sticker (we could have used it tuesday) and I found a wad ($6) of cash in the cupboard while I was looking for a misplaced? or never received? gift card. I  never did find it.  When I was at Archivers last month I purchased a new toy, a Silhouette Cameo and with it was a $10 gift card to their online store. I called Archivers and they suggested I call Silhouette so I did. Customer service was kind enough to put $10 in my account. I might be shopping tonight.........some images are on sale for .50, most are .99 and they offer a free one each week. More about my new toy later. I also called my credit card company and got my credit card upgraded to one that earns 50% more cash than I currently earn. Guess skimming those money saving magazine articles helps! And I got my kitchen counter cleaned off........... that is about all I accomplished today, I don't think I'll be complaining! Hope your day goes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment