Friday, March 30, 2012

the Friday 56/ONE FOR THE MONEY/book review


It's time for Freda's 56
So hop over and see Freda here

p. 56 "Since Morelli wasn't around, I didn't have to be brave, so I bitched and complained and limped all the way to my apartment. "

Someone in my book club recommended this series with Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich. It's an old book, the series is up to book 18 now. Miss Stephanie Plum needs a job and gets hired by uncle Vinnie to pick up a few people who are out of jail on bond but don't appear in court. She's a bounty hunter who is after the man whom she had reason to detest during grade school. The book is funny and also had me on the edge of my chair at times. The characters in this story and very entertaining. It was an easy read and I enjoyed it. I am now 1/2 way through the next book in the series. I don't think I've ever read anything by this author before.

5 comments:

  1. I read this one last year! It was a fun read! Planning to read other books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet but really need to get started on it.

    Here is my Friday Meme post:

    http://tinyurl.com/7fe5db9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read. And that 56, I do that often myself... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all the series. It is fun, but after all the books, it gets a bit routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't know was funny! i've added her to the authors i gotta start reading ... but have never done so. maybe this series is for me!

    ReplyDelete