Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

I've completed my 30 days of thanksgiving (although a day late) but that doesn't mean I am going to stop thinking about it. Around the Thanksgiving holiday the idea of stating what we are thankful for surfaces.........we talk about it for a bit.......and then the hub bub of Christmas takes over. I'm suggesting that we take 5 minutes a day to be thoughtful and think of one thing to be thankful for on that day. Try it, I bet it will change your whole outlook!
On my last 'formal' day of posting what I am thankful for I am going to say that I'm thankful that I am content in my life.....as far as possessions go I have more than I need....I have my health, family, friends....I have been blessed with everything that I need. Yes, I occasionally have a pity party because something is not perfect and I deserve better.....but do I deserve more????
Now that it's December I can switch into winter mode. Don't tell Stacy & Clinton (What Not to Wear) but I do have 2 fall sweaters (with leaves & a scarecrow) that I've worn the past 2 weeks. Today I will pack them away and get out the few Christmas and winter sweaters that I still own. That means the MANY turtlenecks in a rainbow of colors will come to the front too. I hate to be cold and at work I'm in and out of the unheated backroom often so turtlenecks are my friend.
Have a great day and don't forget to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment