Thursday, January 20, 2011

a Simple life?

I am wondering if my expectations are not high enough? or if I am just a simple minded person? A recent facebook post was "I feel like I don't have a life" (No offense meant - J!!!) I was surprised at how many people agreed with that post. Generally I am content with my boring life. I am an introvert and NEED quiet time alone to regenerate. I am comfortable doing things alone (not all, and being with a friend is often more fun). I don't think I am envious of other people's things....although I sometimes am envious of relationships women have with a loving and communicative spouse. I'd love to be able to travel, but I don't have the time, money, or companion to do it with. I am able to do some things that I enjoy.

"and if you can’t be with the one you love, honey, love the one you’re with" Stephen Stills

When you're young and in school or college, that IS your life-to work hard and get the most out of it. When you're married and have children that IS your life-to love, to model a Godly life, and to raise responsible children. Unfortunately during that same time period you have to work harder than at any other time in your life to provide for your family. And with the economy at this time you are lucky to have a job. If it is making you miserable you have to find something that you can live with. (we went thought this several years ago with hubby and I know it was hard for him.) Hopefully you will make it to the empty nest stage, and then retirement and have your health and some money to enjoy your life with. I am just starting to think about it....even though it is years away.

I guess what I am saying is to be content with what you have, don't wish your life away. see the poem Present Tense in a earlier post.

I am not trying to be disrespectful of any one's feelings here! Or say I am so much better than you. I have been blessed with enough things to make my life easy. Enjoy the blessings you have today and try to change what you can. (my goodness, I have been doing a lot of preaching lately. sorry, but sometimes that is me. I am not always a quiet, make no waves person, I am very opinionated)

Philippians 4:11-13
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

1 comment:

  1. You know my situation.My life is a lonely,painful and boring life.It could be worse,my son could not be with me and I could be living in my car.May still happen though in the future.

    ReplyDelete