Thursday, March 21, 2013

National Craft Month/Little Book


March may be almost over but it's still National Craft month so I thought I'd share one of my projects with you. I made a cute little book for one of my granddaughters with just a 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper. I know it's old, but it's so easy! 

  • score the 12 x 12 paper at 3" intervals, turn and score again so you have a grid (as shown above)
  • cut on the pink lines, be careful not to go past the scored lines (at the bottom and top where it is not high lighted)
  • then you just fold back and forth......watch which end you start at (to be sure you get the color you want on the inside pages-you might start at the upper left or the lower right)


This is the front, I will add something pretty to it and possibly attach a ribbon with which to close it. I think I'll put something over the spine too.

You'll end up with a 3" square book, like the one below. I glued the back sides together so it can not be opened back up into the 12" square.

 I put blank paper on a couple of the pages and some stickers on some of the others. It's for her, so she can use it for what she wants.


I'll have to make one for her little sister too! She's 4 and easy to please.....and it's an easy project.

I love books, whether they are to read or write in.

No comments:

Post a Comment