Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Weirdness

If this picture of the wind, waves, and clouds doesn't make you cold, I don't know what will. It's 46 and we're under a wind advisory....what's with that? A wind adversary? That's just what I need.....hubby won't let me turn the heat on so I haven't taken my (fleece) jacket off since I got home from work. I am not even sure if the furnace works....it went out last winter but we couldn't (and still can't) afford a new one. Hubby is a BIG TIME procrastinator.....maybe he was hoping for major global warming in WI???

For supper tonight we just had some leftovers. I made Chili last night and I am surprised that it turned out not half bad, considering I had to improvise with some of the ingredients. Guess it's time for me to stock my pantry with chili fixin's. Here's the weird part - I had some leftover broccoli that I didn't want to waste so I cooked it and threw it in the bottom of my bowl and added extra veggies and didn't even taste it. Since we ate the garlic bread and I had some leftover hamburger buns I toasted them and make garlic/toasted buns. They were OK, but I'm not in a hurry to try that again.

And here's the good weirdness- in my mailbox was a coupon for a free full size mascara from Clinique! It couldn't have happened to a more needy person (in my opinion).

How's your week going? Any weirdness is your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. How cool to get a coupon for free mascara! That's a good day!
    Thanks for visiting me and i hope you make it to a pumpkin patch!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome photo! It does make me chilly looking at it but it's beautiful. It's been cold here in KY too. My heat has been going full blast for a month now. We have free gas though so I'm probably more wasteful with it for that reason. Not good, I know!

    How fun- new mascera!!!

    ReplyDelete