Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Winter Garden and A Couple More Books

Getting tired of all the reading I've been doing? Sorry, no, I'm not.
Winter Garden was our selection for book club. I've read at least one of her other books. When I checked it out the librarian said that this was her favorite book. It is a good one. There are 4 characters: dad, mom, and 2 daughters. It's written from the daughters' perspective. The father is the glue of the family and the girls feel that the mother doesn't love them. She's Russian and loves to tell fairy tales.................the farther dies and the girls promise to take cre of their mother....and as she tells the fairy tails she  reveals her story.
I also read a couple of classics: The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck. It's about  a Chinese farmer and the life he makes from the land. It's a must read if you haven't read it.
I've wanted to read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe....when I found 3 of those books here I decided to read one, donate 1 to a little free library, and one to my daughter's children. It took part of an afternoon to read it. It's a great youth book to use to explain God to children, a lot of symbolism in there.

More books coming up!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, You are really reading some good books. I admire that. I used to read like mad...then I just seemed to stop..now it is just occasionally...it has to hold my attention from the start. I don't try to read thick read either. :) Blessings to you, love, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete