Saturday, July 9, 2016

Out and About / Should I

Friday my bff took me shopping, in regular stores, we did hit one thrift store though. We had lunch, it was nice to feel good and be just another friend.  We stopped at Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, Walmart and St Vincent's. In the past few months I've purged a lot of  things, including too big clothes. I buy most of my 'new' things from the thrift store. It is really quite nice to have room in my closet and drawers. I don't work any more and don't need to dress up often, so why spend the extra money?
But I wanted something NEW and had a gift certificate from Kohl's. So we were off................I did find 2 shirts and a pair of  capris, but not the maxi dress I wanted. 
But should I buy NEW things? Will I need them next year?
My appetite has returned and I've gained 5#.
I've been reading up a storm the past 4 months.....Should I just relax and read or should I get busy and work on my grandkids  scrapbooks? I want to enjoy the sun and warmth right now, but should I force myself to work on them?
Since I feel relatively good with only a few minor 'inconveniences' I tend to ignore that fact that I have cancer. Yes, I follow my doctor's instructions and take my medications, but should I be  doing more? worrying? Planning ahead?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda?

7 comments:

  1. I think your shopping expedition with your friend is good medicine for the soul, and when you are relaxed that helps you stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the day, whatever you want to do:) Today is a gift, I am thankful for TODAY! Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having. If you feel like scrapbooking....do that. Glad you had a good day of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you should do what makes you HAPPY and that you ENJOY doing!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do whatever you choose to do. It's great that you went shopping. I would say that you should buy yourself some new items and maybe you should work on those scrapbooks sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to get out and have lunch with a friend. You deserve something new once in awhile. Just let your mood tell you what to do. One day you can work on scrapbooks and another read or just enjoy the sunshine. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I would suggest you take one day at a time and do whatever you feel like doing each day. Some days you may have more energy than others. There's no point in worrying about the future. Just try to focus on the here and now. None of us is promised tomorrow :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete