Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thoughts On Thursday


 How do you wake up in the morning?
Other than being confused (as to what day it is) I am optimistic.....often singing in my head: "Zippity do dah" or "Everything's going my way", especially on a sunny day. I prefer summer, but the sunshine is what ultimately seals the deal for me!

"Oh what a beautiful morning Oh what a beautiful day I've got a beautiful feeling Everything's going my way"
A few of the things that have been going my way this week:

* our 3 grandsons (the ones I was not allowed to see) came over on saturday afternoon and we made garden stones and fed the seagulls at the beach.
*grandson J stayed overnight and made it to Sunday School the next morning
* I bought a piece of art from an artist friend and had a nice visit with her
(I had a form like this and was going to do something similar....but I never got around to it, so I gave it to my grand-daughter. She painted it and put it on a base.I think I was meant to have it, as it came back to me.)
*the house has been vacuumed and bathrooms cleaned
*I needed a small weight for the exercises my therapist gave me to do and I walked into the thrift store after my session and found the exact one I was looking for (3# for $1). Many times God puts the exact item I am looking for on the shelf at the thrift store.
*Tomorrow I am off to a Christian retreat, up north, with 2 good friends. The weather is suppose to be cool....but no rain or snow. We shop and eat our way to our destination, 3 hours from here.

5 comments:

  1. CUTE ART work! Love it- it WAS meant to come back to you. Have fun on your retreat. I bet Deb is one of your partners-in-crime. Just back to blogging and wanted to visit you. Sounds like you are doing really well. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog because you're always so positive, Linda! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you safe travel and a peaceful and meaningful retreat.
    It's very good to hear that you're back in the grandson visitation loop again!

    I wake up in a good mood, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waking up in the mornings feeling so happy and ready for the day to begin. Sometimes it's hard, but I just smile and face the day!
    Happy to hear you spent time with your grandkids, and are going on a fun retreat! Have lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did she put the words and stuff on the manikin? I love it! I want to see it up close and personal!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete