Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This Could Be A Depressing Post


....but it's not going to be, why should it be sad???
Monday I, and one of my good friends and a usual travel partner, traveled to Milwaukee to my visit with the cardiologist at the heart failure clinic (100 miles from home.) At first someone had to drive me, now I can do the driving. I don't like driving in big cities but another friend gave me directions for a very easy way to get to the hospital so it's (almost) a piece of cake. And it's so much easier with a friend riding shotgun.
It was a nice day for a drive, the trees are still very pretty and we had a nice visit. 
beautiful berries outside of the museum

I had an ECHO with an injection so they could get a clearer picture. I also had my usual blood work done. When I saw the dr he did not have the results of my lab nor did the person who reads the ECHO have the 'official' numbers. The nurse called me yesterday. My blood work was 'beautiful' according to the nurse. 
My ECHO was down to 35 from 43% at my last one. Normal ranges from 55-70. I was hospitalized at 19% so I know it can be improved with meds. I Have an appointment in 3 months for another ECHO.
I want to talk to my oncologist about the anastrozole that I am taking. It's a precautionary measure. It interferes with the production of estrogen in the body. The amount of estrogen is reduced so the growth of the tumor is limited. But my tumor had a very low percentage of estrogen reception. I am also wondering if that med is causing the aches in my legs when I go to bed.
On our way home we stopped at my favorite grocery store to get my FAVORITE pickles. When you're watching your sodium pickles are hard to find and I LOVE pickles....as as kid I often drank pickle juice...even as an adult I did. We also checked out the Land's End outlet. Most of their clothes are not my style, although I do love the jackets and sweatshirts. It's not a cheap store but the quality is good, you don't find the thin shirts you see at the big box stores, the ones you HAVE to wear another shirt over or under. 
Yesterday I had lunch with 2 friends and then went to a table setting display. I've posted about that before...and will again.
I weigh myself every day (per doctor's orders) and my weight was more than ever today:
*I had too much salt yesterday
*I eat too many sweets and too much food
I need to get back on track! and I will!

Today I am going to the yoga class at the senior center. It's not your usual on the floor yoga, but the stretching and breathing will be good. Twice a week I am taking a Livestrong class at the YMCA. I can walk so I should....I need too. We have a Little Free Library about 2 blocks from our house so that is an incentive for me, to add or take a book. I take the long way around to get there.
Today I have a follow up visit with physical therapy for the lymphedema in my breast. It really doesn't look better. I need to be more vigilant in doing my exercises and massage for that also.

So much to do.............Linda get busy!!!
Just because the cancer was cut out of your body doesn't mean it's over. The same goes for an chronic disease, it is always there....always a struggle, and a 'work in progress'.

I hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Linda, You are and always will be in my prayers. You are a strong woman. Never doubt that. I am glad you had a copilot getting to your appointment. It helps to have a friend along. Your health has to be your main concern. Wish I could help more. Bless your heart, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart went out to you in this post, Linda. I'll be thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing isn't depressing..it is helpful...continue to look Up!!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so difficult to stay "on track" when it comes to matters of one's diet. You can do it! You're doing so many good, positive things for your health. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I don't stay in touch every single day, you are always on my mind and in my prayer. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, whatever our battle, it's always there, and like you said, a work in progress.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are battles to fight and fight is what we will do:) Praying for you! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it could have been a depressing post but you have a gift of looking for the positive. You have the strength and determination to do what needs to be done and you will do it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your attitude is amazing and YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! You WILL do this!!! There are lots of people praying for you, my dear, from all over the country!! We are invested in you!

    ReplyDelete