Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Stamping Up North

 Last week my friend, Carolee, and I spent a few days up north in Minocqua, Wi to take some stamping classes at Stamp This Scrap That. 
I apologize for being missing in action for so long, I haven't felt like sitting down in front of my computer for any length of time. I've been packing and unpacking, attempting some creative things, trying to straighten up here........keeping busy.
One of the things we made is this Halloween book, I love it! I am working on a Christmas one. I am hoping Carolee, as Stampin' Up demonstrator (her blog) will hold a class to make this folder book. It's made with one, plain manilla folder. 
The front and the back are the same, we just added some Stickles glitter to jazz the front up a bit. The photos do not do it justice.
 The zig zag background is Washi tape. 
Here it is opened up.

 The bottom is unfolded. The green square on the right doesn't unfold because it is a pocket.
 This shows the top squares unfolded.
I know it's hard to see and explain on here. I do have directions if anyone would like them. I am not sure if they are understandable if you can not see the product. 
 Button art was another class. 
 We weren't sure what to expect, it was more fun than we thought it would be. 

 If you have enough buttons it would be an easy project to do with children. Need to know how to do it?
These are 5 x 7" frames, remove the glass, we used burlap as a background, trace the shape onto your background, lay down a thick layer of glue, add the buttons and Viola!
 We also made a bunch of cards.



 We had a great time at the store with the ladies who run it, at the classes, and just getting away. While we were there they had a 50% off sale on everything in the store! It started the 2nd day we were there....how lucky were we? We shopped for 3 days.
Come back again....more about our trip in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, What a wonderful fun time you and Carolee had. I love the button things. Your cards are so nice. Some one will love receiving them. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun with the buttons and cards! Thanks for sharing.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got a lot done! The button art reminds me of when it was all the rage to use costume jewelry to make pictures like the ones you made. Using file folders, not the flimsy ones like you buy at Walmart but a heavier weight, to make albums and art journals is something that I've been seeing lately all over youtube. Your book came out so cute! Same for your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still want to learn how to make that book! That button thing looks cute too. I know who would like that!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete