Monday, August 12, 2013

Shanty Days

Sunday's adventure was Algoma Shanty Days craft sale. I don't get to go every year because sometimes my grandkids birthday parties take precedence. Our granddaughter's birthday is Aug 8 and our grandson's birthday is the 9th. But Deb and I made it this year. 
We arrived about 11 AM  and decided to have lunch at our favorite deli early so we'd beat the rush. We just walked around and looked at the items for sale....lots of jewelry....and Deb looked at it all. I don't wear much jewelry, have a ton of it, and will even need less of it after I retire next year. Neither one of us purchased much, but we had fun looking!

There is always stuff for the Packer or Badger fans. 


This house is for birds and bees. 
 Tutus and frilly things for the girls.
 I am wondering if the birds would be afraid of this bird feeder made from aluminum cans. What do you think?
 Colorful tie dye clothing. For the hard to buy for guy, they had bright colored tie dyed 'tighty-whiteys'.You know what is even funnier??? This morning at the thrift store I found some tie dyed 'tighty-whiteys'. Ya never know what you'll find at the thrift store!

Finally a day off, I did have a lazy morning. This afternoon I am off to the Stamp-a-long and then getting my hair cut. I've decided to make a good dinner for my hubby....for a change. Hopefully I'll find time to get a little bit of housework done. Wish me luck!!!

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I also read down your posts and loved the one on the Flying Pig!

    ReplyDelete