Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Good Mail Day

I love getting mail, always have. As a kid I wrote letters to my grandma, 2nd grade teacher, and several pen pals. I continued pen paling as an adult. I still exchange cards and letters with a few people (but not very often any more). Since I seldom send out good mail I seldom get any in return. .....but yesterday was a good day. I received a letter from my sister, a check, and a large can of WD-40. .....and the box with the WD-40 was filled with the water soluble packing peanuts (good for the grands to play with).

Why would I be so happy about a can of WD-40? I had a small can of it that stopped spraying and it was 3/4 full, so I was quite unhappy about that. I contacted the company on facebook (I guess it is good for something) and someone got in touch with me and I ended up with a free, large can. The small can I had just stopped working. I find that if you complain, nicely, you often get good results......not always, but more often than not.

I also picked up 2 gift certificates that I won from a radio show I listen to at work. I hate it when I'm at work and the phone rings or someone comes in and I can't listen to the tuesday call in contest......don't they know I need to hear the question so I can call in and win???? One of these days I have to take inventory of my gift certificate and use them :-)

.....speaking of rubbing alcohol (I was in my previous post)....... It looks like I'll need to replenish my supply because I found another use for it. My tomato plants are full of whiteflies so I found a remedy online: Mix 2 parts rubbing alcohol, 5 parts water, and 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap and spray plants. I just tried it last night, so give me several days and I'll let you know how it worked.

Why is it easier for me to get up at 5 on my day off than at 5:30 on a work day? I think it's because it is my choice to get up early.........I really don't like being told what to do, never did.

Hope you are having a great week!!!! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment