Thursday, April 18, 2013

Odds n' Ends

We had 2 lovely days and now it is back to gloom and doom, rain and snow, cold and gray....ok, I'm sure you get the picture. I am very thankful that what we are experiencing is 'normal', nothing catastrophic. No floods, no snowstorms, no explosions. I hate to turn on the radio in the morning ..........now what tragedy am I going to hear about??? My heart goes out to those who were in Boston and ready to celebrate the day and then some mentally deranged person performs such an horrific act to purposefully harm people. And there's the explosion in Texas.....there are no words to say.

It's pretty gloomy outside today, but I have some color in our yard....if you can see the finches and robin (who have finally found my birdfeeder). I can't believe the squirrels haven't been around yet.



I made the cucumber sandwiches for book club. I just had a hankerin' for them







Original recipe makes 15 servings





Today I was off but I had to go into work for a couple of hours,  2 days is just barely enough for me to get my work done. I was swamped with extra work so needed the additional time. It feels good to know that I am caught up now.

Tomorrow I have errands to run, which may or may not get done.........it just depends if I feel like staying home and tackling the never ending craft room organization or not. Well, I'm off to my book club tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment