Sunday, April 7, 2013


It's been a long time since I've posted...........I was getting ready for Easter...putting up a few decorations.....trying to pin down which family members would be here for dinner.....well, Easter is long gone. The weather hasn't improved much, although the snow has melted considerably and we've seen a bit of the sun.

Good Friday was my friday to work and I worked until early afternoon. Hubby had the day off and we were expecting our 4 year old granddaughter for the weekend. Jessica, Chuck, and M arrived about 4PM, we visited and then went out for fish.

The weekend just continued to get worse. I developed a headache before I left work that afternoon and it was still very present! M and I got ready for bed and I read her a story, turned on the TV (she  insists it stay on all night), and said 'good night'. At last I can go to bed!!!!............but not M, she's quite energetic. Grandpa was watching TV downstairs and she made a couple of trips down to visit him. I finally pretended I was asleep and let him deal with her. I felt like crap!

putting the Easter window clings on
 Saturday morning my headache was still there, I was coughing, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Hubby and M left at 8:30 and returned home about 1.....I went right back to bed until about 2. I NEVER sleep during the day! Later in the afternoon grandson J came over and we had things to do. We colored eggs with a new technique that made the neatest tye dye ish eggs.  I had some big packing material bubbles for them to pop. The kids had baths to take..... popcorn to eat, and a movie to watch. He's almost 8 and she's 4-1/2 so they don't agree on everything. They look forward to seeing each other the 2 or 3 times a year they get together.

look at that concentration

 Sunday morning I just did not have the energy to get ready for church so we skipped it. I've been coughing and sneezing, so has M. We both feel nauseous at times. Thank goodness I put my foot down and said I'd make a ham and rolls and everyone else should bring food if they wanted to eat. Ok, I also heated up some frozen veggies and made an apple salad, easy stuff.

pop! pop! pop!

M's parents are coming from out of town, the other 2 families are nearby. I planned dinner for 1PM, allowing time for travel and church. A few minutes after 1 most everyone is here...............the potatoes are here so we eat! I'm feeling kinda cranky because of my cold and because the last family we're expecting is over 1/2 hour late........they live 15 min away. GRRRR  Maybe I was just hungry.....everyone enjoyed the dinner, the kids got along, and I cleaned up right away. Shortly after everyone was gone I went to bed! 

This has been the worst 'cold' I've ever me a cold is a cold, but this time I feel sick, my  face feels like it's going to explode, I can't think, I still have a headache along with the coughing and sneezing and all I want to do is sleep and I did a lot of it.

I worked tuesday and wednesday and that was all I did. 

It's been over a week and I finally feel a little better. Someone told me it takes 10 days to get over and I believe it! I cancelled my dentist appointment for monday morning but I do think I'll be able to get back to 'normal' this week. Wish me luck! I hope you've been able to avoid whatever has been going around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment