Friday, April 19, 2013

It Was Unanimous


Last night was our book club meeting at Lisa's beautiful home. It's large, spotless, and beautifully decorated, we all loved it! There were 7 ladies there and everyone brought something to eat. We had slush, stuffed strawberries (that were to die for), veggies, cheesecake bars, an awesome salad, veggie pizza, chips, etc. Good food and good conversation; a nice night. All 7 of us agreed that we didn't like the book THE TEAHOUSE FIRE. Only 2 gals finished it. Everyone agreed that it was hard to follow because of the Japanese names and it seemed to drag on. 

I did not even make it 1/2 way through the book .....every time I thought I should read I just didn't feel like picking it up. I enjoyed it in the beginning and really wanted to read but then it slowed down...and down. I had a hard time keeping the characters straight. One woman said she is going to finish it. Not me, I returned my book, and several others, to the library today.

I woke up early today and thought about getting up......but the next thing I knew it was after 9. It's nice to sleep in once in awhile and that was quite late for me. I put some lowlights in my new 'muss & go' hair and was on my way.  Earlier this week I got my hair cut. It was getting too long for me, when it gets that way I start to look at bit like I'm stuck in 80's. I was fortunate to have some gift certificates so I had a  more expensive stylist cut my hair. I told her to do whatever she wanted. She was good and asked me questions but I think maybe I wasted my money. My hair has a natural wave and it seems like anyone who cuts it does the same thing. It certainly is nice to curl it just a bit and take advantage of the natural curl now. It's a good summer style for me.

As usual we don't have any weekend plans. The sun is going to shine tomorrow so I'll be lovin' that!
Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate starting a book that you just can't get into? I sure do! Sounds like your book club night was a lot of fun though...:) h, and I love the 3d postcards in a former post! Those are gorgeous...awesome find!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete