Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pocket Page

This is the 12 X 12 scrapbook pocket page we made at the retreat.
 You need:

  • four 12 X 12 coordinating papers, at least 1 should be cardstock weight
I'll try to explain it....I used an embossed wedding paper (white layer) for the base (I'll never use it so this was perfect).  Cut the 2nd layer to 11 X 11. Then we used the Creative Memories cutting system to cut 2 hexagons from the remaining papers. The top hexagon should be heavier, because it holds the brochures, etc and will get more use. Fold back a portion of the top piece and glue down. Run a thin strip of adhesive around the edges to make your hexagon pocket and glue it to your base pages. You can round the corners on the 2nd layer, add a fancy border at the bottom, add decorative papers on the pocket front, embellish as you wish. If you don't have the hexagon shape (I don't) I'm sure you can come up with some shape for the pocket. I really, really like this! Hope you do too!


2 comments:

  1. OH its so cute. I wish I had the time and discipline to sit and do all the pretty crafty things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your page too! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete